Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
The Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the VCU Medical Center consists of fellowship trained, board certified physicians in reproductive endocrinology and a dedicated nursing staff. The clinical capabilities of the division include a wide variety of comprehensive specialty care and consultative services. Doctors Coney, Lucidi and McGee offer specialized diagnosis and treatment in the areas of reproductive endocrinology and infertility and reproductive surgery including tubal reconstructive surgery, advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic procedures for endometriosis, pelvic pain, uterine fibroids, pelvic adhesions and uterine abnormalities.
We offer evaluation of both female and male infertility and a full range of treatment capabilities including induction of ovulation, inseminations, in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). We also offer treatment for other problems such as recurrent miscarriage, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), hirsuitism, amenorrhea, premature ovarian failure, symptoms of menopause, ovarian reserve assessment and hyperprolactinemia.
The faculty of the Reproductive Endocrinology Division are involved in both basic science and clinical research projects that are funded by several sources including the National Institutes of Health.
Women’s HealthCare at Stony Point
9000 Stony Point Parkway
Richmond, VA 23235
- PonJola Coney, M.D., Professor and Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs
- Scott Lucidi, M.D., Associate Professor and Medical Director of the Assisted Reproductive Technologies practice, received a bachelorís degree from Virginia Tech and a masterís degree from George Mason University before completing medical school at Saint Louis University. He performed his residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Florida and his fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He has also completed additional training through the Clinical Reproductive Scientist Research Training (CREST) Program jointly sponsored by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the National Institutes of Health and Duke University.
- Zhibing Zhang, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Jeannette Brown, R.N., Infertility Nurse
- Cindy Broache, L.P.N., Infertility Nurse